WITH their training sessions at the Zwide Stadium in Port Elizabeth going ahead as scheduled, it would appear that a dispute over bonuses has been settled in the DR Congo soccer camp.
With their opening match at the Africa Cup of Nations just two days away, the DRC outfit have been hard at work preparing for their clash against hot Group B favourites Ghana on Sunday.
It has emerged, however, that some players were unhappy about bonus payments shortly before the team flew into South Africa to start their challenge for honours.
Some DRC players threatened to boycott training at their base in Oman last week in protest at uncertainty over bonuses
"There was a meeting between the players who were fed up at not knowing how much their bonuses would be eight days before the Nations Cup," coach Claude le Roy said.
"They said they would not go to train but in the end the training session went ahead as normal," the Frenchman said.
"They have been told they must play for their national pride.
"But they are missing one month's competition with their clubs with the risk of losing their first team place.
"And their demand is by no means outlandish," Le Roy said.
"The five or six lead players asked for me to say that it's not acceptable, and I understand them. They have got a great respect for me. Between the players and the staff the work atmosphere is great."