DATE rape is a catchy, trivial phrase used to describe a very serious offence against women.
Date rape generally refers to couples who go out on a date for the first time or early on in the relationship, and whether or not the woman is interested, the man acts as if she does want sex and sexually assaults a woman.
It may play out in the following, or similar scenario:
Jeff and Jane had been friends for some time now. They have always liked each other and casual flirting between the two of them had become more frequent at the gym and workplace.
Eventually Jeff asked Jane out on a date. Jane agreed and one Saturday evening, Jeff picked Jane up and took her out for dinner.
Together they enjoyed a fun filled yet casual evening and exchanging jokes and terror stories of their "exes".
When it was time to leave Jeff offered to accompany Jane to see that she got home safely. Once they got to Jane's flat Jeff took her inside and started to kiss her. Jane stopped him and said she was not interested. Despite Jane's protests, Jeff persists despite her pleas for him to stop.
Men need to realise that an invitation for coffee or going on a date with a woman is by no means consent to having intercourse forced on her.
When a women says "NO" she means "NO".
Tips for a first date,
- Keep the first date simple.
- Choose a very public venue for your date.
- Arrive and depart arranging or using your own transport.
- If alcohol is being served, avoid it or partake in it very casually.
- Do not divulge too much information on your personal life.
- Make your intentions clear.
- If you do not wish to have intercourse, say no and be prepared to back it up with force if need be.
- Should sex be forced upon you yell "FIRE".