WHAT was supposed to be a pleasant day out turned bad when my six-year-old son got an electric shock from a line of electric fencing that looked like nothing more than a white rope at the Bayworld penguin pool. No warning signs are up anywhere close to or around the area.
In addition, this one line of electric fencing is shockingly low and dangerously within reach of any child who comes into that area! My son was in a lot of pain and was visibly shaken.
I'm disgusted at the blatant negligence on the part of Bayworld and I am seriously considering taking this further. I reported the incident to the person at the ticket office as no management was in sight, but no attempt was made to take my details or to tell me what they plan on doing about it.
I'm writing this to make parents aware so that it doesn't happen to your child too.
Extremely upset mom, Bethelsdorp, Port Elizabeth