LA FEMME asked Dr Crystal Watson to list her favourite spots in the Bay:
- The lounge of the Kelway Hotel, or Blue Waters Cafe, or any spot, overlooking the sea. Schoenmakerskop plays a very emotional role in my life and there I will listen to music and watch the sea. There are steps under the Shark Rock pier, where I love to sit and eat an ice cream and watch the sea. Running or walking alongside the beach front;
- Shopping at Walmer Park, especially a turn at Cafe Dulce;
- Holmeleigh Farmyard, Addo Elephant Park, the Willows and Sardinia Bay;
- My home at Amadada;
- The PE airport and Algoa Flying Club for my air shows.
What I don't like:
- The animals and street children sitting and lying on the cold cement, hungry and clearly neglected, and the poverty in so many townships;
- The donkey carts and the way the donkeys get hit to drive faster;
- People begging on the side of the road;
- Road ragers;
- The wind!
- Sour faces in shopping complexes and judgmental people; and
- The lack of feeling free to walk where you would like to, and wondering about an area's safety.