THIS is a very simple way of serving freshly made tagliatelle, but extremely tasty. Sprinkle the dish with chopped flat leaf parsley.
Tagliatelle with mushrooms and white pepper
400g fresh tagliatelle
250ml (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
Tip: to save money, use a less expensive hard sharp cheese, like mature cheddar. The flavour will be different, but still delicious.
62.5ml (¼ cup) olive oil
5ml (1 teaspoon) white pepper
250g white mushrooms
Chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Boil the tagliatelle in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve some of the cooking liquid.
2. Wipe the mushrooms clean and cut into thick slices. Heat 30ml of the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the mushrooms over high heat until nicely browned. Set aside.
3. Place the cheese in a big mixing bowl and add the remaining olive oil and white pepper. Mix to a creamy paste adding a ladle or two of the cooking liquid.
4. Add the drained tagliatelle to the cheese paste and toss well. Add the mushrooms and mix well.
5. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the parsley. Grind black pepper over.